Thursday, April 1, 2010

Communication 202

Dear Mr. Potential Date,

Isn't it great that we've met through this cheesy online dating service and now we've made it through dozens of questionnaires that say we're a perfect match? Isn't it great that now we are left to communicate on our own, without the question suggestions and sentence starters?

I know! So wonderful that there is such a thing as gchat so we can instant message all throughout the work day and you can interrupt my every hour!? Isn't that just great! Yeah, I know I work from home so my schedule is kind of freer than yours... oh yeah, maybe we shouldn't gchat between 9am and 6pm so that you (and I) can get some work done. I know, it's so great to gchat but you know, we can email!

Yes! I just love receiving your one sentence emails, back and forth throughout the day, it's just like gchatting but not! Awesome, really.

What's that you say? You feel like you know me because of the way I write, aw how sweet. Yes, I am a funny writer, no, not sarcastic at all. Oh, you fell for my photo? How nice, just wait till you meet me - I'm all personality and no looks. Oh, now you want to call me on your lunch break, sure, why not? Take up another hour of my day because the two we spent gchatting and 3 we spent emailing has not taken up enough it's been lovely...

Yeah, it is pretty easy to talk to me since I do all the talking. Yes, my job is interesting. Yes, my walk in the park was nice. Yes, I got all your emails on my Blackberry while walking in the park. Yes, it's cool you went to the Ice hotel in Sweden, I'm sure that was really cool - I saw the pictures on your profile. Yes, I l liked your profile, you were honest about wanting kids in the next 2-3 years. No, I don't know if I want them that soon.

But what the hell, Sure, I'll go for a drink.
(Damn this blog and stupid mission)

Cheers!
G*


No comments:

Post a Comment