Wednesday, June 30, 2010

DATE #12: Please Stand Up

I went trapezing with a very good friend of mine for her birthday. Our class was at 9am and had a handful of flavorful people. I shouldn't have doubted that a trapeze class would be a great place to meet interesting people and it was decidedly unexpected when two fairly handsome and polite young men joined our class. One of them was married had the ring and baby photos, and actually wasn't very skilled on the trapeze. I was a natural. But his friend, the ring-less one, was both attractive and charming and didn't make a complete ass of himself on the trapeze.

We flirted, we laughed and watched our friends fly and flop in the air. He was applying to med school, smart, interesting - definitely a fine catch and couldn't stop smiling at me. At the end of our class, after group photos and hugs, I decided to be bold and slipped him my business card asking him to email me the group photo - and you know maybe we could grab a coffee. Turned out we both lived in Park Slope (well I did at the time).

We emailed back and forth, then set a time and place to meet for coffee in a new Slope cafe. I'll be honest I was excited, overthinking - could this possibly be a date I want to have? With a guy I might like?

Nope. He never showed. He didn't even call or text or email. I texted him once and didn't push it.

A few days later I got an email - "Hey, sorry about the other day. I have a girlfriend. Should have said that before. And it just seemed wrong to meet you but good luck with everything!"

::::insert a myriad of inappropriate choice words::::

Maybe I'm done with this shit. Who has time in this life to be burned?

No comments:

Post a Comment