Tuesday, May 11, 2010

She's Just Not That Into You

As a girl, I've definitely had the time or two where I've stressed about why some idiot boy hasn't called me after a date or responded to a text message. I always tell myself it won't bother me or I can play that game and ignore them just as well as they can ignore me. But when a cute boy says he's going to call or text and doesn't, it's a pretty standard girl thing to flip out about it for a minute and loose all self confidence and control - that is until you meet the next cute boy and he promises to call.

I always say "I'd never do that", I would never NOT call someone back or ignore a text message....

What am I saying? Hell yeah I would!

One would think that guys could handle it, that if they ignore you, it's okay to ignore them, right?

The Climber (#10) texted me, a couple of days after our lousy 3rd date. I didn't respond. I figured he'd get it.

2 days later. Then he texted me again. I ignored it.

Maybe he thought the third time's the charm. And let me tell you - it wasn't. It was desperation, pathetic-ism. How come he couldn't get the hint? If I'm not responding to you, I'm just not into you! Isn't that the code?

His texts weren't just "how are you?" or "what's up?" they were paragraphs of "Hey, it's a beautiful day. What are you doing? Want to meet me and some friends for brunch on Saturday?" What would give this guy the idea I want to brunch with him AND his friends if I don't event want to respond to his text message!?

After the 5th text I politely responded: "Glad you're well but please stop texting me. I'm really not interested in any kind of intimate relationship right now with you or anyone else. It's nothing personal."
"How many other guys are you dating?"
"27. But I would hardly call us dating"
"Oh, yeah, me too. I'm keeping my options open"
"Great. Good luck. Good bye."

Memorial day weekend he texted me to invite me camping - camping for the whole weekend with him and his strange friends. I considered changing my phone number after that. Some people just never get the hint.

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing soooooooooooooooooooooooo hard right now.

    PS - Do you want to go away to Napa with me and some of my closest friends? ;-) Wink Wink.

    ReplyDelete